Saturday, May 9, 2009

Update on my relatives

Here's the latest from my uncle and aunt:

May 9, 2009

Hello everyone. Its day 15th at the hospital. The last several days have gone very well. Most of the time I’m feeling very good. Now is a waiting game. They are pumping my body with a lot of anti-bodies, anti-fungus medication, blood transplants and platelets, etc. My immune system is almost 0 and very slowly building back up.

My platelets have been very low. I’ve been running between 6-17 (normal is 100). Last Sunday I had a terrible bloody nose that they couldn’t stop. I thought that I might die if they couldn’t get my bloody nose under control. Praise the Lord, they finally gave me some platelets and the bleeding stopped. The other day my platelets went up to 34, but the next day it went to 17, and then today back to 7. Please pray that my body will start to make its own platelets.

I still have at least two more weeks in this hospital. Could be more if they have to give me more chemo. This coming Monday they will do a bone marrow biopsy. This will tell some very important information and will map my future treatment.

I don’t know yet when the transplant will happen. It will be soon as I can’t afford to fall back into cancer again.

I did find a lump. The doctor does not think it is cancerous, but they are going to take an ultrasound tomorrow just to make sure.

Boredom is the hardest part of being here. I have a lot to read, listen to and watch, so that helps a lot. Yet I can only take short walks on this floor.

I have a prayer request. We met a man in a room down from mine. He has lung cancer. They took one of his lungs out last year, but the cancer has returned. They have given him no chance to survive. He has a wonderful wife and two beautiful girls, both pre-teens. The man’s name is Tim. He has a fighting spirit. Please pray for healing for him.

Thank you for all your prayers, cards, visits and phone calls. They mean a lot and help pass the time.

God is a wonderful God and Penny and I feel his presents all the time. Penny and I have been able to spread God’s love to many people, both the staff and other inmates.

I can’t remember if I told you about this, but the weekend I was admitted to the hospital, our daughter, April and her boyfriend went on a fishing trip in the backcountry of Northwest Colorado. To make a very long story short, they drove down the wrong road, got stuck, were not able to get a cell phone signal, and had to spend the night in their truck (which was a very cold night). The next day they knew they had to walk out as no one knew where they were (they were supposed to be in another area. They were out of food and water, so they started to walk. They were very cold and frostbite was starting to affect their feet. They hit a snowstorm. They final saw a Forest Service cabin up on a mountain, so they started to climb toward it. The climb was very steep, so they kept falling and hurting themselves. Many times they wanted to lie down and sleep (and die), yet they keep each other moving. They finally made the cabin and broke in where they found a little food and some heat. They were able to get a cell phone call out, yet the phone almost immediately died. In the mean time search and rescue were searching for them. From their short cell phone call they were able to pin point the area they were at. They finally found them just before dark the second day. Their body temperature had gone down to 94 degrees. Praise God they found them. April did have frostbite on her toes, yet otherwise she is in good shape. Shawn is also OK. Jesus was with them the whole time. We praise the Lord that He was watching out for them!!!

To all the mothers, have a wonderful and blessed MOTHERS DAY!!!!!!!

God bless,

Love, Randy & Penny

No comments: