Friday, May 8, 2009

Moments of Grace in Lousy Days

So the past few days haven't been exactly wonderful. They've been filled with frustration, pain, and just plain mistakes. But there were definitely some good times, and I want to concentrate on those:
* I've been listening to Jars of Clay's new album all week. It's been way too long since they came out with an all-new album. =)
* God blessed me during Early Morning Prayer last Tuesday. It was a great way to start my day.
* I finally got my support letters out for Catalyst. It's great to have that done.
* I got to hang out with and talk to Hannah Wilson quite a bit. That always makes for a good week.
* God helped me to get through a really hard day yesterday with a lot more joy than I expected. I did stumble, but I was surprised at how I was able to direct my heart to praising God when I was most frustrated.

And, finally, probably the highlight of my week: So I finally get back to my room yesterday evening, after having a tough day. I get there and there's a brand new journal sitting on my desk, with the cover being a beautiful picture that Jason took of cherry blossoms. The inside cover had a passage from Isaiah printed on it. Jason had left it for me at my dorm as a gift for our 6-month anniversary (no, we're not the kind of couple to celebrate every month anniversary... in fact the last time he gave me something for an "anniversary" was a single white rose on our 1-week). On the first two pages of the journal he had written a letter to me.
Yes, I don't deserve a guy like Jason- but that's because I can't deserve him. He (and this relationship) has been a gift of God's grace to me, something I can't earn. And, on days when I feel like giving up and lashing out at everyone, I'm blessed with moments like this. :)

No comments: