Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Because my brain is contesting work

I really don't like calling people. I have to be honest, I used to be phonophobic, and a part of that still lives in me. I know, it's just a phone. But somehow it's the scariest thing on the planet when I need to call someone whom I haven't talked to in a long time. Sometimes I think that we should go back to the days when letters were the only way of communication, aside from face-to-face. Why am I ranting about this? Well, I'm doing a summer training school through City Central called Catalyst. I know it's what God wants me to do, and I know He'll provide for me. But it's a scary leap of faith, because I need to raise over $3,000 for the school and for our trip to South Africa. I wrote support letters, but I took Adam's advice to say that I would contact each individual within 7 days. That means I'm going to have to call some people. Can contact mean e-mail? I mean, people should take into consideration my condition as a phonophobic. Just pray for me, I'm too afraid to call you!
All that being said, I'm looking forward to summer. It's going to be good. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you come back down again during break. AND THEN CONTACT ME AND LET ME KNOW.

WHICH MIGHT MEAN CALLING.

Incidentally, maybe you should text people.