Wednesday, February 10, 2010

London- The First Days

Hi everyone!
I am safe and sound in London, getting over the jet lag. I arrived on Sunday to Alice's house. Alice is a 73-year-old German British widow who is definitely a mother- she makes sure we eat plenty and keep safe and stay warm. I have a room to myself that is very pink and has incredible storage and bookshelf space, much to my delight. My roommates, Katy and Whitney, are sophomores from University of Portland; Whitney seems very serious at first and has a somewhat dry sense of humor, and Katy is a petite blonde Catholic Alaskan who is in love with the theatre and is pretty adventurous (she's a mellowed out version of Becca Rogers).

Some first day highlights:
*This isn't the first day technically, but I have to mention that on my plane to England there was a guy who looked just like an old version of Tyler Connel. I had to keep from staring.

*Whitney and her parents picked me up in their rental car from the airport- such a blessing!

*On the way to Alice's we passed a big black shabby sign that read in big white letters "Jedi-Robes." Enough said.

*Our house is within 5 minutes walking distance from a tube station, a HUGE blessing!!!

*Our house is only about 45 minutes on the tube to the school, which is actually one of the closest houses.

*Alice introduced Whitney and I to a British soap opera while we ate our first meal, which, oddlly enough, consisted of wedge cut fries, chicken, samosas, naan (Indian flatbread), and broccoli quiche.


Sorry, that's all I can write right now. I have three days of incredible stuff to write, but it's past 1 AM and I need to get up for school in the morning. And is it weird that I'm starting to think of what I'm writing in a British accent? Anyway, I'm safe and sound and having a blast. :)

No comments: