Saturday, February 6, 2010

London- The Adventure Begins!

Warning: I've had very, very little sleep and I'm not feeling all there right now, so this opening blog post will not be so eloquent.
I'm currently sitting in the Seatac airport, waiting to board a plane which will take me to Dallas, where I will take another plane to London. I'm nervous, which I think and hope will keep me awake until the flight to London so I can sleep basically the whole time. This is the first time I've traveled alone since the way back from OneThing 2007. It's kind of scary, I'll admit. I have no idea what it's going to be like once I step foot off of the Boeing 777 (that's a good sign, though- my plane is God's number!). I do know, though, that God is good and He has great things planned for me. Even if I'm nervous and scared and not sure what to expect, I'm excited for the adventure ahead!

Lessons Learned So Far:
~It's pretty much impossible to pack a suitcase to last 3 1/2 months which is NOT over 50 pounds! The $50 fine is inevitable, as my 65 lb suitcase can tell you.
~Carrying a large duffel bag and a stuffed backpack is better than carrying merely the backpack yet paying $50 more in fines.
~IHOP does not have good coffee. The mochas are worse than AmPm, and their actual coffee isn't much better. But returning a mocha can be a good exercise in breaking fear of man.
~No matter how stressed you get, no matter how much you have to do before you leave, you'll still get on the plane. Thanks, Ember, for reminding me of this.
~No matter how great your intentions are, you will not be able to clean everything before moving out of your house and leaving the country for 3 1/2 months (sorry Thomas family, I really wanted to clean more!).
~Bodies start to get upset with you when you eat not-too-great food irregularly and don't get sleep. I think my body is going to be very thankful once it gets on a somewhat decent schedule in London.
~I have some of the most amazing friends in the world. The party last night was so great, thanks Danielle!

I'm going to miss you all! Keep in touch!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have had to use Jason's steamer trunk for that long..lol.
I hope you arrived safely and are resting before your adventures begin.
Blessings,
Debbie Comerford


Deuteronomy 31:6
6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

Danielle said...

Love you Hannah! Even without sleep you are an entertaining-to-read writer:)
ADVENTURE ON!
Love,
Danielle and Raegan