Friday, April 24, 2009

Emergency Prayer Request

Hi, everyone. If you haven't read my Facebook notes or my Myspace blog over the past couple of years or so, my Uncle Randy and Aunt Penny in Colorado have gone through some major, serious battles recently. My uncle was supposed to get a bone marrow transplant, but there were complications with politics and hospitals, but they had finally agreed to let him get it. Now, however, before the procedure has been even scheduled, he got some bad news. I just got this e-mail from them today, so I'm copying and pasting it in order that you may all pray for them.



For the last couple of weeks I (Randy) have been very sick. I have also been very weak and my oxygen level has been extremely low (in the 70’s and 80’s). Today (Thursday) I had two doctor’s appointments. The first one was with my primary doctor for a physical. When I saw her, she was very concerned about my low oxygen level. She ordered a CT scan ASAP. She was very worried that something was going very wrong and she wanted to try to find out what it was.

Then later today I had an appointment with my transplant doctor in Denver. During the exam he was also very worried about my oxygen level, along with other symptoms I was having. So he ordered some addition blood test. We then left the office to drive back to Colorado Springs. By the time we got home, there was a call from our transplant doctor telling us to call my cancer doctor right away, and if he wasn’t in, to page him.

My cancer doctor told me that my blood work came back with drastic reductions in my platelets, among with other areas. He told me that they think I have developed leukemia and I need to have another bone marrow biopsy done right away. He is making the arrangements now and wants me in the hospital tomorrow. He then said that I will need to have chemotherapy and then the bone marrow transplant ASAP.

This was a total shock to us. We knew that we were walking a tight rope and could at any time fall off of it, yet we didn’t expect it to happen so fast.

So please keep us in prayer. God is very good and I know He is with us every step of the way.

Love,

Randy & Penny

1 comment:

Miller's Rock! said...

Hannah, I am praying for your Uncle and your whole family!