Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Cake, Mickey Mouse, and a Baby Parrot

I feel like I haven't posted a blog in a long time, so I'll write a little before I actually go to what I'm technically being paid to do right now- work.
California was an amazing week, I am so thankful that I got the chance to go for spring break. I have to admit, it wasn't easy. God pointed out to both me and Jason that we have a very strong religious spirit that needs to come out; that is, we are oftentimes stuck with the attitude that we can earn God's grace, and we do a pretty good job of that (we can't do anything to earn God's grace, just to make it clear). It was a challenging week, with a lot of prayer and a lot of frustration. Here's a list of highlights:

*We had amazing homemade layered carrot cake/cheesecake made by Jason's mom's friend. It was glorious.
*Jason's mom made us Easter baskets! We woke up Sunday morning to a pink-themed Easter basket outside my door and a blue-themed Easter basket outside Jason's door. There's a picture on Jason's facebook of us looking super excited with them (sometime when I'm on his computer maybe I'll actually upload pictures on this blog).
*Jason's parents took us to Disneyland! It was my first time, of course, so it was especially fun for me. I think out of all of us, though, Jason's mom seemed to be the most thrilled. She had a huge smile on her face, up until she went with me on Space Mountain that night and got sick. Other than that, the day was wonderful.
*Jason, Jim, and I spent many hours playing Crystal Chronicles, an old Gamecube multi-player semi-rpg. I probably described that terribly. It was a very, very entertaining game, but we need to finish it still. Yes, I spent hours being entertained by a video game. I have a gamer inside of me, she just feels guilty coming out and so most of the time is squelched.
*Jason, Jim, and I went to an In-N-Out. It was my first time. Very, very good.
*Jason, Jim and I (see a trend here?) went to the Getty, a huge, beautiful museum where I got to see very old illuminated manuscripts which I could actually translate part of. I also saw one of the 8 portraits of Edgar Allan Poe in existence. 'Twas fun.
*Jason, Jim, and I went bowling. None of us scored about 100. We then went to Borders and spent almost an hour debating what's considered a "trash" book and drooling over books that we want to read.
*Jason, Jim, and I went to Big Bear to snowboard. Long story involving pain and hatred. I will not go into it here.
*Jason and I visited his friend Allie and her baby Australian parrot. The bird loved Jason. He looked like a pirate (Jason, not the bird). We also played Trivial Pursuit. I think I was winning when we had to leave.
*Jason's mom, Jason, Jim, and I went mini golfing. I'm not so good at mini golfing. I do think I got the slightest bit of a tan from it, though. We all went to the arcade afterward and earned enough tickets for a big die and a green and orange ring made out of like rope. After shooting the ring at each other and realizing that it didn't fit any of Jim's or Jason's fingers, Jason gave me the ring. I'm wearing it now. :)

Okay, so that's probably enough highlights. It was a good trip, and I'm looking forward to going back. I never got a real Becca massage (she does this for a living), and we need to finish Crystal Chronicles, and I need to go to Knotts Berry Farm and the San Diego Zoo. Another trip is necessary.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

>:(

Notice, contacting Karly was no where in that list.

Spencer said...

Sounds SO fun....really happy you have someone special who takes such good care of you :) Heart you Hannah!