Saturday, April 10, 2010

I am dark, but lovely.

I've been struggling lately. I miss home, I miss my family, and every moment God's bringing up more nasty control that He wants out of me. I'm realizing yet again that God doesn't want good behavior. He's way more interested in me having a healed heart that is devoted to Him, and the healing process often looks ugly and makes a good Christian look pretty dark.
I have a little book called Daily Light. It has for every day a morning and evening reading which consists of one theme verse, then multiple verses to go along with the first one. The verses are taken from completely different parts of the Bible, yet they flow together quite beautifully. Today's was so perfect and so poetic, I had to share.

I am dark, but lovely.
Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin my mother conceived me. ~ "Your fame went out among the nations because of your beauty, for it was perfect through My splendor which I had bestowed on you," says the Lord GOD.
I am a sinful man, O LORD! ~ Behold, you are fair, my love! Behold, you are fair!
"I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes." ~ You are all fair, my love, and there is no spot in you.
I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. ~ Be of good cheer; your sins are forgiven you.
I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells. ~ You are complete in Him. ~ Perfect in Christ Jesus.
You were washed, . . . you were sanctified, . . . you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God. ~ That you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.

(Song of Sol. 1:5; Ps. 51:5; Ezek. 16:14; Luke 5:8; Song of Sol. 4:1; Job 42:6; Song of Sol. 4:7l Rom. 7:21; Matt. 9:2; Rom. 7:18; Col. 1:28; 1 Cor. 6:11; 1 Pet. 2:9)

No comments: