Monday, May 10, 2010

Restlessness

I can't concentrate on anything.
Sleep doesn't come easily, and when it comes it's too long or too short.
I'm not worried about finals, and it's hard to force myself to study.
A large suitcase sits underneath my desk, a duffel bag next to my chair, and every so often I get the urge to add things to their half-empty bodies.
My shelves are half-filled, a large stack of books now transferred to my dresser where they await their return to the AHA building.
I'm constantly trying to think of things I can leave behind or use up so that my luggage will be lighter for travel.
I treat myself to drinks or scones or other British food, knowing that it might be my last chance to savour these things for a long time.
I tell my heart to be still, my mind to focus on homework, my restless body to settle down; it doesn't work.


I'm leaving my home.

I'm going home.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Yay! Come home to us:) I'm so glad you have a fullness in your heart over your adventure there. We want you back though. Almost as bad as you want to come home~ Have super safe travels and come see me as soon as you can!

Annie Peterson said...

We will be so glad to have you back!!! Jesus knows your heart, including the ways you love the little sentimental things about England...I can't wait to give you a welcome-home hug!!