Monday, January 19, 2009

Random Thoughts While Procrastinating at Forza

Perhaps I should be saving this for a time when I'm experiencing more writer's block with my paper, but oh, well.
It's easy for me to look at my life and only see the problems. It's so easy to just see the things God is working on in me, and to see all the issues I still am trying to work through. There are so many faults, have I made any progress at all? There's so far to go! Yet in the past weekend God's been reminding me of how far He has taken me. I look back to a little over a year ago, and he see how depressed I was and how little I knew of God's love for me. I see that I had a relationship with God, but it wasn't really that intimate. I didn't share what I was feeling with anybody, and I never asked for help.
Looking back at where I was, I can see much more clearly how much more joy I have. I don't have nearly as much joy or emotion as I desire, but I've come a long, long ways. I know that God loves me, and although I don't always feel it or fully and completely believe it, I have more of a confidence in it than ever before. Even though I have a lot farther to go, more and more I'm finding myself falling more deeply in love with my Lord, my Lover. I can share my testimony now, and I'm learning to ask for help when I need it (which is quite often!). I'm learning to be weak, because I really don't have any strength on my own.
In other news, I am really loving my Biographical Writing class. I'm realizing how much I really do love writing, despite the times of frustration (like now when I'm trying to write a biographical essay and am not too thrilled about what's coming out). I know what my lit professors tell me, but I think that I might belong with writing. Just maybe.
I really like Venetian lattes at Forza.
Next time, if my computer chooses to work more nicely, I may post pictures.

1 comment:

alissa stoops said...

procrastinating is fun, sometimes.
thank you so much for this weekend. you really have changed a lot this year, and because of the ways you've changed, you helped me to change too. i love you so much, hannah. i can't wait to see you next month!