Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Fear and Stupid Prayers

I really don't have much to say. I'm more procrastinating than anything.
I am really excited for this semester. The Lord is going to do so much, and I'm astounded that I get to play a role in it.
On the other hand, I'm really scared for this semester. I'm taking a couple of, well, difficult classes. No necessarily difficult in the area of work, but difficult for me spiritually. I know it's good, and God will totally teach me through this and be the strength I need to make it. But I must confess, I'm still scared.
God, forgive my fear. I need Your perfect love more than ever during this season. I want intimacy with You, in fact, I need it more than ever before. I can't go back to the way I was before. I choose to walk in love, in truth, in peace, in boldness. I choose to abide in You. I'll probably regret this stupid prayer later, but I don't care. Lord, break me. Take away everything that is of me and replace it with You. I need You. Thank You, Lord. I could never thank You enough. You are amazing, Lord.

4 comments:

Miller's Rock! said...

Hannah,

No prayers are stupid! God understands your heart...always.

Hannah said...

That's true. But I mean stupid as in, God answers and you realize that the answer isn't exactly fun. Like saying, "God, use me," and then He tells you to do something you don't want to do. Stupid prayers that are so worth it. :)

alissa stoops said...

You might regret it for awhile, but after you regret you'll decide it was worth it.

Andy you're one of the people who reminded me of how true that was. I love you, hannah. See you tomorrow!!

Miller's Rock! said...

I get it. I think you're too hard on yourself though. Prayer is always worth it "stupid" or not. You're a bright girl Hannah. I've watched you grow up (from afar). I'm very proud of you and the path you're on. God has great plans for you!

PS- I love your blog entries.